The G40 Summit (HERE) is only one week away and opens on March 6th. I will be there completing a great installation and showcasing several new paintings. PaperMonster will be part of the 5th floor exhibition and this is a great exhibition that you do not want to miss. Hope to see you there March 6th. For more on the artists taking part in the exhibition visit: http://www.crystalcity.org/artful/g40artists
Archive for February, 2010
25% of the total amount of cans in the studio right now. You don’t want to see where the other 75% of the cans are. It is a mess.
While in Miami for Art Basel I ran into my first glimpse into: The Art Street Journal (HERE). It is a FREE, yes FREE art newspaper created by Elisa Carmichael from Carmichael Gallery (HERE). The Art Street Journal has news from artists and contributing writers all over the urban art world and is it an extremely well put together newspaper. You can get your FREE copy by just filling out a simple subscription form here: http://theartstreetjournal.com/
Also, VOTE (HERE) for The Art Street Journal to win a $50,000 grant to continue their amazing work from Pepsi’s Refresh Project. Voting closes on February 28th so make sure to pass this on to your friends and anyone you know who loves art and would love a FREE newspaper.
Click on the link to vote or the image below:
“I think the main thing is to not limit yourself to what materials you use whether they are physical materials or computer tools and programs. Don’t get stuck in “Oh I only use a certain spray paint brand or Photoshop or Oils,” because you can really box yourself in and prevent some real discoveries for yourself. It helps you we well rounded and better prepared for future opportunities or challenges that may come.” -PaperMonster
“When I first started to paint I had no supplies or resources, and it is the support of people who have purchased my work, provided me with opportunities to show and encouraged me to continue to create that I have been able to make better quality work. I can not thank people enough for how much I appreciate their support. Never forget people that have been by your side since the beginning. “-PaperMonster
“The best piece of advise I can give is: “Take Your Time.” When you are ready then you are ready. I know that sounds like a cliché but it is absolutely true. If you rush your work it will show in the quality. Everyone wants to have solo shows and amazing success but it does not come over night. Take the time to put in a strong effort and people will admire and respect what you do.” -PaperMonster
Next we have the perfect Valentine’s gift because men deserve gifts too on V-day called the Nike: Auto Flight High “Kill Bill” colorway(HERE) You can find more info on the shoe here http://extrabutterny.com/shoe_store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1100
or click on the image above to view all three views of the shoes. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Followed by my favorite shoes of this month we have one of my FAVORITE games and it is none other than Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (HERE) on the iPhone and iPod Touch. This game is on $9.99 and you can play it for hours whether you are stealing your favorite cars or completing sidemissions such as jetski races or buying new apartments you will not be dissapointed with the quality and fun of this game. For more on GTA: Chinatown Wars for the iPod/iPhone visit: TouchArcade.com
Finally we have two of my favorite games. Now when I write about games my emphasis is on the quality. Why spend $50 for something that is not worth the money of the time? These two games are definately worth the cash. First we have Capcom Vs. Tatsunoko for the Wii (HERE) . This game has been recently released in the US and you have to see and play it for yourself to know how wild the game is. It features head to head combat between characters from both the Capcom and Tatsunoko franchise. Check out the video below or visit http://www.gametrailers.com/game/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate/10355
Lastly we have one of the largest games of 2010 so far. Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox360 (HERE). I won’t even go into the details of how long, epic, huge, stunning, and amazing this game is in terms of quality and just pure exciting gameplay. You can check out info on Mass Effect 2 and check out the full review (HERE) of the game which scored a 9.7 out of 10. Do you know how good that score is? It is GOOD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFajRU4xAVI
Click on image above to visit MyModernMet.com (HERE)